2.- Why did I choose my major?

Hello everyone! Today I am going to tell you how and why I came to study anthropology at "Universidad de Chile". 

First of all, I must tell you that in my last year of school I was very undecided about what to study. I was good for humanities but the socially accepted options were few in this area, and for anything I wanted to study law, so I went to study "Musical Composition". Spoiler: terrible idea. After studying music for a semester, I realized that I had romanticized too much the musician's job, so I had a vocational crisis. As I wrote in the previous blog I went to work as a merchant marine all the following semester, where I had a lot of time to contemplate, read and, most importantly, be in contact with nature. This moment in my life was very important for me to realize that I was very curious about the human being, especially about his interaction with the environment. So, I started to investigate some disciplines that studied this type of subjects and that is how I came to the social sciences, particularly anthropology. Before studying at "Universidad de Chile" I was studying social anthropology at "Universidad Austral", but after two years I decided that I wanted to dedicate myself to archaeology, that's why I started studying at "Universidad de Chile" with the purpose of taking the mention of archaeology. When I was a kid (I don't know why) my dream was to be a geologist, which is a bit like archaeology. I think my passion for rocks has remained to the present day. Until now I find myself very passionate about the major I study, I also love my university. 

That's all, greetings!

That was me on the day of the music academy entrance exam.



Here is a picture with some friends I made when I was studying in Valdivia.


In this photo I was in an archeology museum in Valdivia.

Comentarios

  1. Hello bro, I hope you have found your place in the world. Good luck.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Cristobal!!
    I'm glad you realized what your true vocation was, because it must be very difficult to study something you don't completely like. I hope you enjoy your career a lot this time !!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Cris! If you read my blog, you will find that we are similar in many things, like: many crises of vocation! (hahahah) But as a child I always liked geology and archaeology. I love rocks <3 See you!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

3.- My favourite piece of technology

1.- Who am I?